An entrepreneur is an individual who searches for opportunities, grabs and capitalises on them. He is an initiator who uses his ideas to create values (being cognisance of the risks and rewards involved) so as to solve societal problems. So many people want to become their own boss but lack some common traits of a successful entrepreneur. This means that you cannot give what you do not have. Having common ideas in solving little problems does not necessarily make you a great thinker and a potential entrepreneur.
It is possible for someone to naturally possess entrepreneurial traits without even knowing. Such people unconsciously act like an entrepreneur. If you have ever thought of becoming an entrepreneur, and you have most of the following traits in you. Think no more and startup.
- This is to say that you do not like it when you have to work for somebody. Even when you are under someone, your industrious lifestyle still figures you out for a leadership post.
- : This has to do with being unique. You just want to add value to an already existing value. You’re a person who is always questioning why things are the way they are. You strive to make things better and are willing to take action on it.
- : According to economist Joseph Alois Schumpeter (1883-1950), entrepreneurs are not necessarily motivated by profit but regard it as a standard for measuring achievement or success. In line with Schumpeter, you are not driven by profit but by passion. There are times you do not get paid for what you do but what motivates you is the passion you have for what you do.
- : This implies that you are not afraid of trying. You take failure as an avenue for learning. Fear of failure does not derail you from taking an opportunity when it comes.
- : This is just a sign to show that you like work. You do not feel excited about holidays when others are. You find yourself engaging in one or two things during holidays may be with your personal work or that of the office.
- : It does not necessarily mean communicating with good English which is not bad in itself but the ability to convey your thought to people across all levels.
- This is one of the attributes of a successful entrepreneur. If you are always optimistic and confident about who you are and what you do, you are on the right track to becoming a successful entrepreneur.
- : You like doing what seems so difficult for others to achieve. That does not mean it is an easy task for you but you just want to be a record-breaker. It is more or less like motivating others that nothing is impossible.
- : Efficiency is your watchword as it is to a successful entrepreneur. You always want to make something out of little or nothing. It shows that you are a good manager of time, human and financial resources. Invariably, you are a good maximizer.
- You are not tired of knowing. You make enquiries over everything. This is a good sign because all entrepreneurs are inquisitive in nature because they want to know the trends with respect to their businesses.
- : There are people who do not add value to one’s life. You see them as not fitting into your ideas, dreams and philosophy. By implication, you associate with people of like minds who can contribute positively to your aspiration.
- : Though, a very healthy competition. You strive to be the best among your equals. This has nothing to do with envy, you are only inspired by other peoples’ success and are willing to do more to be at the top.
Having gone through the above, it is easy to evaluate and ask yourself if becoming a successful entrepreneur is truly meant for you. However, you may not naturally possess these qualities but you can learn and apply them appropriately to your lifestyle.
Image Source: https://www.africaleadftf.org/2017/11/22/chicken-and-the-egg-africa-lead-helps-youth-entrepreneur-prepare-for-investment-and-expansion/