Introduction and welcome
We are a nonprofit incorporated trustee, based in Lagos Nigeria.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, login or register on the site, create a campaign, subscribe to our newsletter / blogs, fill out a form, engages in our online real time chat sessions and in connection any of our activities, seminars, events, sessions and assistances, features in any of content, pictures or videos uploaded to our site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How this policy applies
What we collect or receive
For you to create a campaign or an account on www.fundanenterprise.org and benefit from our service offering, we would need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of our platform these information, may include:
- Information provided in the course of completing a form or starting a campaign / enterprise – your full names, email and residential / postal addresses, mobile / telephone number, country of residence, State of Origin, login, and password details.
- Any information you provide for identity verification purposes when you create a campaign, including your full name, business name, registration number, Tax ID and date of birth. Also note that our payment partners might require that you provide a secure upload of an identity document which may include international passport data page, driver’s license, permanent voters card, national ID card or any other government approved ID cards.
- We partner with Vi-M Professional Solutions for provision of tax and audit support services, while we partner with Pay Stack for payment services and solutions. We may also be partnering with other service providers in future and as such this policy document covers all our future and potential partnerships. Our partner and their respective platforms may collect and use information obtained from you. We do not store details of your payment information or bank account, expiration date and so on.
- Information about your activity on and interaction in our site including use of any of our mobile applications (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site).
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, in the form of traffic analytics. For more information about our use of data analytics to protect and improve our Services.
- Communications you send to us which may include, but no limited to when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem.
- Information that you submit on or to www.fundanenterprise.org in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
- The email address associated with your social media account or interactions with our social media platforms, if you choose to sign up using your social media login details.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to create a campaign, log you in or register your account. IT might also limit our ability to respond to you or use our Services.
How we use this information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure, protect our site, activities and brand (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse).
- To enable us effectively provide assistance to you, use of our platform, and to improve and constantly promote our offering.
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on Www.fundanenterprise.org (for example, to show you projects that we think may interest you based on your previous use); and
- To track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve how www.fundanenterprise.org is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
- To upload pictures and videos about our activities and improve user interaction and engagement
How this information is shared
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. You agree to allow us upload video interviews in connection to our Crowd Funding activities onto our site, or have not objected to any notification from us. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Information that’s shared publicly
By default, your profile is private and you can choose to make it public in your account settings. Your username appears with the comments you post and messages you send on www.fundanenterprise.org and, if your profile is set to public, people can click your username to view it. If you make your profile public, others will be able to see the following things:
- Any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location);
- Projects you have supported
- Projects you have created
- Comments posted on www.fundanenterprise.org and
- If you have “Liked” any enterprise or update
If you would like to have a public profile, but don’t want others to see your name or profile image on a project’s Community tab, you may choose an account image or name that is not identifiable (e.g., Enterprise12345).
In the event you are creating a campaign, we may request face to face meeting. If not possible we would request an online meeting, specifically to ascertain and verify authenticity of such campaign before they are launched on our site.
Information that isn’t shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide
- Your password details
- Your IP address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth and other identity verification documentation (for creators)
- Private profile information, in accordance with your preferences; and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
- Details of our face to face or online meeting
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our service offering (like when we partner with our payment partners, technical partners, marketing, publicity or advertising partners that help us manage our offerings). Users may also find or notice that our site may have other links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties.
We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies
Our third-party service providers are required to use your information only for the purposes we have authorized or contracted them for, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards as we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
Information that’s shared to protect us and comply with the law
We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the applicable law or law enforcement agents, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect our legal rights, property, or the safety of MSME Crowd Funding Foundation, fundanenterprise.org, its trustees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, directors and Partners or others.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active and as necessarily required to enhance your engagement and activity on our site or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect our legal rights.
We also collect and maintain anonymized, aggregated, or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our site, improve our offering or comply with legal obligations.
Email and mobile notifications
We would like to communicate with you, as long as you want to hear from us. This would be kept to a minimum and give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications from our site / blog.
We will send you email relating to your or our activity on our site. You may also elect to receive certain communications, where applicable, in accordance with your desire, which you can remove whenever you want.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures as it travels over the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure and not share with anyone.
Web browser cookies
Changes to our Policy
Your continuous usage or visit to www.fundanenterprise.org after such changes indicates your acceptance of the updated policy.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
MSME Crowd Funding Foundation, 26 Chief Paddy Offor Street Greenfield Estate, Okota Lagos.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as uploading or profiling same on our site. Where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.